Attorney Russell Matson
Russell Matson is a highly regarded DUI attorney in Massachusetts, known for his subject matter expertise, and his outstanding record of successful client representation and vigorous defense.
He is sought out for his opinions on Mass OUI laws, Registry & license procedures and criminal defense issues. He has been frequently quoted in Mass Lawyers Weekly, the Boston Herald, the Patriot Ledger, and many other publications. He has been recently interviewed on Fox 25 News Boston for his expertise on the effects of the new Ignition Interlock device laws; he was quoted in Men’s Health Magazine on Massachusetts’ Hardship License laws, and he was asked to lecture to other attorneys as part of the Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) lecture series, on the subject of Registry and driver’s license issues as they relate to OUI charges.
You can contact me 24 hours a day at (781) 380-7730, or if you prefer you can leave me your information via this attorney contact form, and I’ll get back you you as soon as I can.
The Law Offices of Russell Matson, PC
Relentless Advocacy on behalf of our clients. We always go the extra mile to get the best possible results. The core principals of our law firm are:
- Preparation. When we appear in court, we try to anticipate every possible situation that might come up. That means having many legal motions ready, even if we don’t always use them.
- Client Service. We want to help you get through a difficult experience in your life, and that goes beyond just legal service. We will help you understand and get through your case, so you can move on with your life, and put it past as as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Who is DUI Attorney Russell Matson?
- He works almost exclusively on OUI defense, so all his efforts go into studying this subject matter and honing the skills necessary to challenge, fight, and win drunk driving cases. His record of success proves that – he wins over 2/3s of the cases he takes to trial.
- He is an experienced Massachusetts Criminal lawyer, and is an active member of the criminal defense community, previously serving on the board of directors of the Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (MACDL).
- He’s a member of the National College of DUI Defense, and has graduated from their criminal defense training classes specifically for DUI attorneys.
- He has lectured at MACDL seminars to help teach other Massachusetts Attorneys how to defend OUI / drunk driving / DUI clients.
- He has lectured at MCLE (Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education) seminars, to help other attorneys understand OUI laws and hardship license procedures with the Registry, and teaching other attorneys how we fight and win DUI cases.
- He spends over 20 hours per month researching the latest cases, legal treatises, scientific literature, and articles on the subject of drunk driving defense allowing him to be on the cutting edge of Mass DUI laws at all times.
- He is certified to perform and train others (police officers) how to perform Standardized Field Sobriety Tests. He is one of a very few attorney in Massachusetts with this training.
- He has been a Massachusetts Criminal Attorney for over 10 years, working almost exclusively on DUI cases for most of that time.
- He prides himself on making extensive use of technology to to help defend the freedom of his clients, from digitally videotaping the scene, to using satellite photo imagery at trial.
- He is doggedly independent, and believes in directly challenging the DA to prove every point of a case in the course of defending his clients.
- As a matter of course, he is ready to fight your case by bombarding the District Attorney with extensive pre-trial motions, demonstrative evidence, photographs, witness testimony, videos, defense experts, essential cross-examination of the prosecution’s witnesses.
- He is a graduate of Northeastern University School of Law and was admitted to the Massachusetts Bar in that same year. Many attorneys must take the bar exam more than one time to pass.
- He has never been disciplined by the State Bar.
- He represents clients in every county and courthouse across the Boston area, Eastern and Western Massachusetts. Clients also come from other states to retain his services in Massachusetts DUI cases.
DUI Attorney Advanced Study
Attorney Russell Matson continuously researches the best DUI Defense techniques, and meets with the top DUI Attorneys in the county at National DUI Conferences, including the National College for DUI Defense and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
DUI Conferences Attorney Matson has attended include:
- National College for DUI Defense, Summer Session, July 16-18 2009, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA.
- National College for DUI Defense, Winter Session 2009, Atlantis Paradise Island, Bahamas January 15 – 16, 2009
- National College for DUI Defense, Summer Session, 2008, July, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA.
- National College for DUI Defense, Winter Session 2008, Waikiki Beach, HI, January 24 – 25, 2008
- National College for DUI Defense, Summer Session, 2007, July 18-21, 2007, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA.
- National College for DUI Defense, Winter Session, 2007, Tucson, AZ, January 18-20, 2007.
- National College for DUI Defense, Summer Session (Summer Trial College) Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA, July 19-22, 2006
- National College for DUI Defense, Winter Session – Jacksonville/ Amelia Island, FL – Jan 19-21 2006
- Mastering Scientific Evidence – Dallas, TX, April 27-29, 2005
- NHTSA Standardized Field Sobriety Training – Instructor Course, Atlanta March 2004
- NHTSA Standardized Field Sobriety Training Course, Houston TX April 22, 2001
- National College for DUI Defense, Winter Session – New Orleans, LA – Jan 2005
- National College for DUI Defense, Winter Session – San Diego, CA – Jan 30-31 2004
- National College for DUI Defense, Winter Session “DWI Defense according to the code of the west” San Antonio TX Jan 23-24 2003
- National College of DUI Defense, Winter Session Getting tough on DUI the Defense, Feb 14-16 2002 – Orlando, FL
- Summer Session, National College of DUI Defense – Harvard Law, Cambridge MA July 21-24 2006
- Summer Session, National College of DUI Defense Boston MA July 2005
- Summer Session, National College of DUI Defense Boston MA July 21-24 2004
- Summer Session, National College of DUI Defense Boston MA July 23-26 2003
- Summer Session, National College of DUI Defense Boston MA July 25-27 2002
- Summer Session, National College of DUI Defense Boston MA July 27-29 2000
- NACDL DUI Seminar Presenting a Gold Medal Defense Oct 14-16 2004
- NACDL DWI means defend with integrity – skills that win cases Las Vegas Oct 2002
- NACDL Difficult DUI’s & Tragic Consequences – Las Vegas Sep 21-23 2000
- NACDL DWI means defend with integrity – Las Vegas Oct 1999
Contact: use this contact form, or call (781) 380-7730
Russell J. Matson, Attorney at Law
Law Offices of Russell J. Matson, P.C.
44 Adams Street, Suite 5 Braintree, MA 02184 (781) 380-7730
View Larger Map
Attorney Russell Matson’s Disclaimer:
Reading this site is no substitute for competent legal advice. This site is for informational purposes only and is not meant as advice. By reading this site, no attorney client relationship is established.
Call Russell Matson to talk to an attorney anytime at (781) 380-7730.